Exciting merger news!
Big news! There are so many incredible things happening in our credit union, and we’re excited to announce the final step in the merger between Allegan Credit Union and Rivertown Credit Union! Expanding our network and our resources is just one of the ways we’re living our mission of people helping people, and this is only the beginning of our commitment to seek out and create even more ways to help serve you better. Lately you may have noticed the name Ignite Credit Union floating around our branches, and that’s because as of April 1, 2023, both Rivertown and Allegan began operating as divisions of Ignite!
This isn’t a merger in the traditional sense, so don’t worry – who we are will always be just as important to us as it is to you! You’ll still have your local credit union and your account number, and you’ll still get to see all the same smiling faces at whichever branch of Rivertown or Allegan Credit Union you visit! Ignite’s purpose is to provide centralized back-office support to both credit unions so we can focus on offering even more amazing service while making sure both brands get to keep all the things that make us truly special.
One of the best things about Ignite Credit Union’s creative approach to merging is the multitude of shared resources, knowledge, and collective experience we have which will allow a wider range of products and services, more access with additional branch locations, and more community giveback. Plus, our team members will also have access to new resources! Being part of a larger organization means a larger selection of growth and career development opportunities!
We know change can be scary, and we have worked hard to design something unique so that when you walk into a branch at either Rivertown or Allegan Credit Union, it feels exactly the same - from our same great teams to the same great service you've always received.
- A completed Scholarship Application
- Two current (not past 60 days) letters of recommendation from teachers, guidance counselors, employers or school administrators; letters from family will not be accepted
- Acceptance letter from an accredited college, university or trade school that the applicant is attending
- A typed, double-spaced essay (500 words or less) letting us know how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals
- Anyone enrolled in college, university or trade school
- A person meeting the above requirements that hasn’t won previously
- Applications must be received by the close of business (4:30pm) April 1, 2024. Applicants will be notified no later than April 15, 2024.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected without regard to age, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Employees or volunteers of Allegan Credit Union or members of their immediate families are not eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Applications not accompanied by the required documents will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- By applying, applicants agree they will be photographed at the credit union for use in Allegan Credit Union marketing.
- Funds will be paid directly to the college, university or trade school. The recipient agrees to provide Allegan Credit Union the necessary information. If the recipient does not enroll during the semester for which the scholarship is provided, the scholarship will be forfeited. Recipient is responsible for any tax responsibilities.
- The scholarship selection committee will consist of one staff member and Billie McClellan. All decisions by the selection committee shall be final.
You can submit your completed application by dropping it off at any of our branches:
- Allegan branch drive-thru: 755 Grand St., Allegan, MI 49010
- Gobles branch night drop: 202 S. State St., Gobles, MI 49055
- Fennville branch drive-thru: 432 W. Main, Fennville, MI 49408
- or mail it to: Allegan Credit Union, P.O. Box 320, Allegan, MI 49010
Grow the Love
At Allegan Credit Union it's our mission to be more than just a financial institution. To be a source of support and development for our communities and the people who are part of them. And that’s why we’re Growing the Love!
Growing the Love means spreading good will in our communities with random acts of kindness and community engagement. If you’ve received one of our Grow the Love tokens, then chances are you’ve already experienced a little bit of what Growing the Love can do—be it a free meal, a tank of gas, or any other gesture to lighten your load and brighten your day.
We invite you to keep the chain moving, and Grow the Love in your community however you see fit. And while you’re at it, visit our Facebook page and share your Grow the Love experiences! We can’t wait to see where all our tokens wind up.
Allegan Credit Union is proud to offer Banzai, a premium online financial literacy program, to educators and students in our community, at no cost to educators. We understand the importance of financial literacy in our world, but also empathize with the costs to implement the information in the classroom...so we're here to help.
To learn more about this awesome program, click here.
To hear what some of our teachers think of the program, here you are...
"I am so excited to offer this to my students. Life skills are a must!"
- Julie King, Gobles Public Schools
"Thank you so much for sponsoring my class! I use this program to help prepare students for independent adult living. Funds are not always available to me and your help is very appreciated!"
- Ryan Vree, Bangor High School